Here in Sweden the summer is coming to it's end and all the holidays are ending, time has come for autumn and work. For me it means getting back in to town from the summer island of Sandhamn, were we spend our summers and in to my studio, to start painting.

It made me start thinking of :

How to get going with ones creativity? 

What do I do? I have to start with things which gets me inspired, gets me 'going'. For me that is colors, canvas and paint! I love the materials and I need to get them out. 
 I put on music in my studio and poured the paint I feel are the colors I like today.

Then comes the big question: What to start with?!

I got some tricks. Here is a short list:
  1. Have an inspirational archive and look at things which inspires you.
  2. Don't be too fussy about what you start with, as long as you do. Start with a thing you know is easy and that you like.
  3. Get your gear ready. Take out things you like.
  4. Don't plan what has to be, just enjoy what comes!





Well how do you do? Any tips you can share with the rest of us? Please comment on this post with your insights.

No comments: