John Cage Diary 2010

" I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."

"The highest purpose is to have no purpose at all. This puts one in accord with nature, in her manner of operation.
"
John Cage





John Cage composer, writer, philosopher and artist have said "I have nothing to say, and I am saying it, and that is poetry as I know it". This is just one of his most famous observations and that along with many more are collected in a pocket diary for 2010. Trivial facts from Cage's life and his excellent quotes are put into a dairy form. Very nice to use and to read his quotes/thoughts on a daily basis and a good introduction to him and his work. I found it in a book store, but you can order it of the internet.

"The daily warmth we experience is not transmitted by sun to earth but is what earth does in response to sun."

No comments: